Embracing Recovery - in partnership with Recovery Cymru
- 29th & 30th November 2012
- TBC May 2013
Target Group: This course is aimed at people working within substance misuse sector
Cost: Voluntary sector - £135.00 / Statutory sector - £145.00
Book a place: Complete and return the Training Booking Form
This course is aimed at people who are currently working within the substance misuse sector. The course will explore the concept of ‘Recovery’ specifically for Wales.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define the concept of the recovery journey
- Describe recovery capital and how this applies to my practice
- Explore myths and misconceptions of recovery and recovery pathways
- Outline models and philosophies of recovery support options
- Explore the broader context of treatment within the recovery journey
- Describe the key concepts of a recovery oriented system of care
- To promote collaborative relationships between treatment providers and service users
- To introduce participants to how the above learning outcomes translate into practice.