Dialectic Behavioural Therapy
Dates:27th February 2014
Target Group: This course is aimed at anyone who thinks they may be working with someone with a borderline personality disorder or an individual struggling with difficult emotions.
National Occupational Standards: AB5.1, AB2, HSC233, HSC330, AG1.1
Cost: Voluntary sector - £135.00 / Statutory sector - £145.00
Includes facilitation, handouts, refreshments & buffet lunch
Book a place: Print and return the Training Booking Form or click the button to complete the online booking form:
Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) is a psychological therapy for people with borderline personality disorder (BPD), and some of the skills can help people who are struggling with their difficult emotions.
This course aims to bring a broad understanding about what the theories and skills behind DBT.
The course content includes the following:
- What is Borderline Personality Disorder
- What IS DBT?
- What are the models and ideas that form DBT
- How DBT is structured i.e. skills group, individual therapy, telephone support, consult group
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain what IS Borderline Personality Disorder
- Describe what Dialectic Behavioural Therapy is
- Outline the models and ideas that form DBT
- State how DBT is structured
- Relate DBT theory to case studies
Trainer: Dr Tracey Carlson is a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist with a particular interest in Personality Disorders. She has vast experience in this area which includes a number of roles working within in-patient secure settings as well as in the community. Dr Carlson previously worked on the only Tier 6 unit for Dangerous and Severe Personality Disordered women in the UK.