Building Knowledge, Skills and Confidence for the New Manager
Date: 14th November 2012
Target Group: This course is aimed at people who are new to or are looking to develop their career into a management role
National Occupational Standards: M & L D6, F12, B9, B6, BC5, BF5
Cost: Voluntary sector - £125.00 / Statutory sector - £135.00
Book a place: Complete and return the Training Booking Form
The course is suitable for anyone who is looking to move into management is new to management or managers who wish to refresh their skills.
The course covers an introduction to the knowledge and skills needed to manage teams.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define what is meant by management
- Distinguish between different styles of management
- Explore what is meant by effective delegation
- Explore some of the characteristics of successful teams
- Understand the importance of time and priority management
- Practiced strategies for giving feedback and dealing with difficult behaviour